Please insert disk into drive F:
April 23, 2009 20 Comments
UT 165 usb flash disk
When USB flash storage is inserted into USB port and trying to open the USB, message shows ” Please insert disk into drive F: or any other available Letter like G:, H: etc.
This error shows if the device has lost its operating parameters or malfunctioning operating system.
To repair UT 165 USBest Technology USB flash Drive:
- Download MFPT USB Utility over Here and Extract to install.(Default installation location is
- Run MFPT program from Desktop icon and insert USB storage into USB port.
- Enumerate ports (using F3).
- Go to setting (Using F1)
- Select the appropriate properties for your USB Drive.
- Vendor UT165, Manufacturer : USBest USB,USB2.0 Mass storage Device.
- Device type : Type as “Flash Storage”.
- Go to next page
- Set Device capacity as per your USB storage capacity, 4GB or 4096
- Set chip as Auto
- Set Version 0.00
- Set vid 1307 and PID 165
- Go to next page
- Set stress 100%
- Load source file in Public partition: (Location of MFPT where installed)
- Serial number at autogenerate.
- Set bin at default.
- Press “OK” and close the setup window.
- Press “Space Start” from top of the menu.
- Green indicator will show that the settings are OK. If green status is not appearing, go to settings and set again to match your device.
- Press again “Space Start” and status will scan and show as stress O or 1%.
- Remove USB
- Uninstall the MFPT driver from MFPT menu bar.
- Re-insert USB into USB port.
- PC will detect the USB and windows driver will be installed for USB mass storage.
- USB device will be shown in my computer.
- Click USB storage device, the message will appear for Formatting the USB.
- Format USB as normal.
- Your USB is ready for USE. Good Luck.
This way worked for me & my flash disk drive is all right now.